Wednesday, May 25, 2011

14

Bearing
Courage
Decisiveness
Dependability
Endurance
Enthusiasm
Initiative
Integrity
Judgement
Justice
Knowledge
Loyalty
Tact
Unselfishess

"J.J. D.I.D. T.I.E. B.U.C.K.L.E."

The 14 Leadership traits. He has them all, and more. The person who makes me smile just by a single thought. Sometimes it's an object or a word or a video clip or something I saw on t.v. that causes a smile, because somehow it reminded me of him.
Damn, how I miss him. Everything about him. Now I know it's possible to love someone more everyday when you believed you couldn't love any harder.
He makes me want to be a better person, and though that sounds cliché it is all truth.
We stress but in good ways for the right things because we don't have normal problems. Even if at some point we do, we remember what we've been through and how much we mean to each other, and we fight harder.
We fight everyday- but not between us.
Between us, in the literal sense, are oceans and vast lands, thousands of miles of empty space. Between us, in the other sense... nothing.
Through the toughest trials we've ran.
Through the storms we've found higher ground.
Through our time together, we've learned how to fight.
Not just fight, but Win.
And we will win.
Because we have to.

Half of my heart is in Afghanistan.

I love you and I can't wait until you're back home where you belong.

I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment